Make a Freedom of Information request, or an EIR request

You have a right to request any recorded information held by the Council.

Start your request

Requesting information about yourself

If you want information about yourself, such as a social care file, your employment record, or details of correspondence between yourself and the council, you should make a Subject Access request.

Other ways to request information

“Business as usual” requests

Often contacting the relevant department to ask common questions can be faster than waiting for an FOI response. Give it a try!

Freedom of Information (FOI) requests

We recommend you use our online FOI request form. But we will respond to any FOI request made in writing. That includes:

By email

By post

Information Management Team
4th Floor, Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
E8 1DY

Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) requests

EIR requests can be submitted in writing by any of the above methods, as well as verbally, to 020 8356 7887, in which case an officer will transcribe your request, and confirm it in writing.